A heartwarming bowl of fresh tomato soup: who on earth can’t you wake up for that? It’s not without reason that tomato soup is one of the most popular soaps. Homemade and fresh is always the best, which is why we love to share our basic recipe for tomato soup, made with fresh tomatoes, onion, and garlic. The great thing about this recipe is that you can use any ingredient. Consider, for example, meatballs with herbs or just vegetables. Simple, quick, and delicious!
This is all you need:
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil for frying
- 1.5 kilos of tomatoes
- 1.5 tbsp tomato paste
- 1.5 tsp dried thyme
- 7 dl vegetable or herb broth
- 2.5 tbsp soup herbs
- 150 g minced beef
- 1 tsp minced meat spices
This is how you make it:
- Chop the onion and fry it with some olive oil in the pan, then add 1 squeezed garlic clove.
- Cut the tomatoes into pieces and add together with the tomato paste and sprinkle with dried thyme.
- Mix for three minutes.
- Then pour the vegetable or herb broth into the pan.
- Bring to the boil and with the lid tilted on the pan, simmer 20 to 25 minutes.
- In the meantime, turn small meatballs with minced meat spices and fry them brown all around for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the stove and puree the soup with a blender.
- Pour the soup through a sieve into a clean pan.
- Add the meatballs and soup herbs to the tomato soup and heat the soup for about 5 minutes.
- Garnish the soup with fresh parsley, basil leaves, croutons or grated cheese.
Enjoy your soup!