The cozy scent of homemade granola enriching the house is so delicious that this alone is enough reason to make granola yourself. We had never made granola before, but we can ensure you it’s incredibly easy and much healthier. Delicious for breakfast with yogurt or just as a handful of snacks, because it tastes so delicious! The nice thing about granola is that you can experiment with different spices, nuts, and seeds. We will certainly make another variant for granola, but first, enjoy this granola with cinnamon and cardamom.
This is all you need:
- 500 g oat flakes
- 50 g sesame seeds
- 50 g sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 3 tbs cinnamon
- 1,5 tbs cardemom
- 5 tbsp honey
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 100 g walnuts
- 100 g almonds
- 100 g hazelnuts
- 50 g cranberries
- Baking tray
- Baking paper
- Large glass jar
This is how you make it:
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds and vanilla powder.
- Melt the coconut oil in a pan over low heat. When the coconut oil has melted, mix it with the honey.
- Add the honey mixture to the dry ingredients, mix thoroughly and spread everything on a large baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Use two baking trays if you have a small oven.
- Then chop the unfrosted nuts roughly, but do not add to the baking tray yet.
- Place the baking tray in the center of the oven for 30 minutes. Stir the mixture every 10 minutes. Add the nuts for the last 10 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, turn off the oven and open the oven halfway through to allow the granola to cool.
- Then mix in the cranberries. You can also use other dried fruits.
- Keep the granola in a beautiful glass sealed jar and you have a delicious stock.