It's time for autumn baking again and for the coming season we will kick off with our recipe for a delicious spicy pear cake! The combination of pears and gingerbread spices provide a delicious autumnal flavor, making it a perfect cake to get the first taste of the autumn season. The cake is easy to make, so it’s always the best choice if you have visitors, but only have little time for some magic in the kitchen.
This is all you need:
- 250 g almond flour
- 200 ml almond milk
- 110 g dates
- 2 pears
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp tartar baking powder
- 1 tbsp gingerbread spices
- 75 g coconut oil
- pinch of salt
- Baking paper
- Cake tin
This is how you make it:
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Put the dates in a measuring sup and mash them with a hand blender and 2 tabelspoons (filtered) water to puree.
- Peel and core the pears. Cut 1 pear in pieces and the other pear into slices.
- Melt the coconut oil in a pan until it becomes liquid.
- Place the eggs in the bowl and mix with a mixer for 1 minute.
- Then add the the pieces of pear, almond flour, baking powder, gingerbread spices, dates puree, coconut oil and salt. Fold the batter together well.
- Line the cake tin with baking paper and pour the batter into the tin. Place the pear slices carefully in the batter.
- Bake the cake in about 45 minutes.
- Prick with a skewer in the center of the cake. If the skewer comes out clean and dry, the cake is done.
- Let the cake cool before removing it from the tin.